We have moved!
Come travel with us at OpenWideTheWorld.com

Sunday, March 24, 2013

I Love Paris in the Springtime!

After something like 15 years since my last visit, I finally find myself in Paris again. Like each of my springtime visits, once again, it is unseasonably gloomy and chilly. I'm beginning to think there's nothing "unseasonable" about this weather at all. But hey, it's Paris, so ça ne fait rien!

I will be sharing some pics of the City of Light* over the next week. But for this, our first day, I thought I'd link to a fun, FREE printable that Mag enjoyed on the plane ride here.

Check out this adorable miniature paper Paris, courtesy of Made by Joel.

 photo c7539e24-f6de-4686-af8c-0b1319eb2b16_zps50a55360.jpg
Made by Joel

Such a cute little activity for kids... but there's also a larger version if you just have to have one for yourself, too!

Okay, I'm off to faire dodo after a long night on the plane...

A bientôt!


* Did you know that Paris is "the City of Light" - not Lights?

Here's the short Wiki explanation:
Paris was nicknamed the "City of Light" originally because it was a vast center of education and ideas during the Age of Enlightenment. In 1828, Paris began lighting the Champs-Elysées with gas lamps. It was the first city in Europe to do so, and so earned the nickname "La Ville-Lumière" or The City of Light.

Glossary:
Ça ne fait rien (French) = It doesn't matter.
Faire dodo (French) = baby-talk slang for "sleep," similar to "going night-night"
A bientôt (French) = See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute activity....and it even has our hotel in it. :-P

    Hope you are having a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We came up out of the RER from CDG and turned to see that exact landmark... Luckily we realized it was NOT our hotel, and walked the other direction... But not too far, so we must be staying in the same neighborhood as you did. St. Germaine, n'est pas?

      Delete